It's summer, so I have all the time in the world to do what I would like (within means of course). Small goals and small projects have been set and are in the works. I will see to it that they are accomplished by fall. It's so exciting to see your efforts evolve (by the way, is there another word that sounds as exciting as exciting? It seems I use it for anything and everything I look forward to). I almost wish this much enthusiasm went into the semester, but then again school just sucks (most times).
Here is a look at one of my smaller and sillier, but completed projects, The Perfect S'mores Sandwich.
I used to create these babies using sliced bread with nutella and marshmallow spread, but it just wasn't cutting it as far as texture was concerned. This new recipe consists of using english muffins and mini marshmallows along with the utilization of an oven/toaster oven. It takes just a little more time, but I can contest that it is totally worth it.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly toast english muffins (I use whole wheat)
- Spread a good covering of Peanut Butter or Nutella (or even both!) on toasted english muffins
- Smoothly place marshmallows across spread on english muffins
- Pop the english muffins in the oven on a baking sheet for five minutes or until marshmallows have puffed with the top of the marshmallows a golden brown.
You can eat it as a sandwich, but I usually eat it by the slice so it seems like I have more to devour. I am beginning to feel productive already!
I may post some of my other projects here. If not, maybe we'll see each other in real life. And so I guess this is the part of my post when I say "To be continued" :)