June 5, 2010

There is a blackout in my neighborhood. Apparently the heat has caused the box-thing-a-ma-jig-that-holds-all-the-electricity-in-our-neighborhood to explode in smithereens. Okay, not smithereens, but it might as well have. I've a feeling this is Mother Earth's way of getting back at me for not participating in Earth Hour this year (I was at a previous engagement, I swear!). The power won't be coming on until 2:00 in the morning. It looks like I will be living by candlelight for the evening. I don't mind it too much, I may actually get some things done. It's so peaceful. The only down side to all this is the inconvenience of living without the internetz. My macbook only has 30% of battery life left and just watching it is giving me an anxiety attack. Oh and I forgot to mention that my phone has yet to be charged. I will be incommunicado for the time being, out of reach.

Actually, I take that back. The worst part of this fiasco is the ice cream melting in the freezer. The poor things might go to waste. I would guzzle them down if I could but I've just come home from a Graduation party and a Wedding.

 Ugh, the limitations of my digestive system.

No comments:

Post a Comment